REP Research Centre develops and publishes the Public Rating, an Administrative Capacity Index (Indice di Capacità Amministrativa, ICAM) that evaluates Public Administrations by measuring their transparency, integrity and efficiency with a comparative approach.
The company elaborates a reporting that is in compliance with European taxonomy, still under definition, and therefore consistent with the Sustainable Development Goals (SGDs) drafted in the UN 2030 Agenda.
The SGDs are 17 interlinked global goals designed to be a "shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future".
More specifically, REP Srl provides:
• the comparative evaluation of the transparency and efficiency of Public Administrations, divided by category (Municipalities, Regions, etc.), with the identification of a benchmark;
• the annual assessment of the individual Public Administration on six macro-areas: budget, governance, personnel management, services, public procurement, environment;
• the identification of the individual Public Administration’s strengths and weaknesses;
• the tracking of the chronological trend of the individual Public Administrations, as well as the specific Public Administration category.
Moreover, it offers Public Administrations operational support to improve on their weaknesses, especially those concerning transparency, anti-corruption measures, quality of services, performance, quality of public expenditure. On these topics, REP Srl also offers targeted trainings.
In order to constructively involve citizens and businesses in public decision-making processes, REP Srl promotes participatory processes of different kinds.
Thanks to all of these activities, REP Srl sets out a compass for governments and international bodies to:
• systematically monitor trends in Public Administrations’ administrative capacity;
• critically evaluate the effects of reforms on Public Administrations;
• better allocate financial resources to Public Administrations, according to their merit;
• estimate a Public Administration’s default risk;
• estimate a Public Administration’s corruption risk.