Collaboration with the Ministry of Public Administration signed
"With the signing of the memorandum of understanding with the Ethical Foundation, the main objective - declares Minister Dadone - is to promote good practices of transparency on PA data, so that they are easily accessible and usable by citizens".
These are the words with which the Ministry of Public Administration published the news of its adhesion to collaborate with the Foundation to map the PA, support them and increase their efficiency. It is not a question of inventing anything, but of fully implementing Legislative Decree no. 33 of 2013 (so-called transparency decree), which created the Transparent Administration section on the websites of all PAs, requiring them to publish the same data, in the same format, with the same timeliness and in the same section of their respective sites. A gigantic database with enormous potential, but to date little used in terms of knowledge by users and stakeholders of the PA.
The common intent is to promote transparency not as an objective in itself, but as an instrument of efficiency: better services, better public spending. In detail, these are the undersigned purposes:
1. This Protocol is aimed at establishing a collaborative relationship between the Parties for:
2. evaluate the transparency, integrity and efficiency of Public Administrations from a comparative point of view, mainly on the basis of the data that the Administrations themselves are obliged to publish on the prescription of the rules referred to in the introduction;
3. compare the administrative capacity of Public Administrations and identify replicable good practices;
4. support the Public Administrations in coping with the numerous regulatory requirements in terms of transparency, integrity and efficiency, in particular by promoting the automatic feeding of information flows in the Transparent Administration section of institutional websites;
5. favor an incentive system for virtuous public administrations, which also allows a better allocation of financial resources and a better quality of public spending;
6. promote social accountability also as a tool for constructive dialogue between Public Administrations and citizens;
7. promote the active participation of citizens and other stakeholders in the assessment and monitoring of the institutional capacity of Public Administrations.
Here the press release on the institutional website of the Ministry of Public Function and here the Facebook post.
The meeting took place via video-conference and with digital signature.